Vacancy: building an inclusive society
Join the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation!
The IJR is currently inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager, based at our offices in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Building an Inclusive Society and the Ashley Kriel Youth Development projects, located within the Institute’s Reconciliation and Reconstruction programme.
Applicants should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in Social Sciences, Education or a related field
- Sound administrative, organizational and communication skills
- Proven project management, planning and budgeting skills
- Experience in, and knowledge of workshop facilitation and materials development
- A thorough understanding of reconciliation and reconstruction in South Africa
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and the successful candidate will be offered an initial 2-year contract, from 15 April 2010. The closing date for applications is 25 March 2010. Queries and applications (including a CV and 3 current, contactable references) should be directed to Ms. Lucretia Arendse at:
PO Box 18094, Wynberg, 7824
Tel: (021) 763-7131 or Fax: (021) 763-7138
Email: larendse -at- ijr.org.za
If you have not heard from the IJR within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. The selection committee reserves the right not to make an application or to appoint at a lower rank. Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged individuals.